Health and wellness continue to be a major focus for consumers, as today’s homeowners look to incorporate products that promote well-being into their everyday routines. Whether concern is for clean air quality, healthy eating or personal pampering, people are devoting more time to self-care as well as the care of their loved ones.
The bath continues its story as sanctuary from the outside world, with elements such as soaking tubs and personal saunas gaining ground. For those who want to take a first step, the shower is the obvious choice. With shower systems now including spa-like elements such as massage, sensory features and steam, the choice is vast for those wanting to upgrade their bathing rituals.
Following are a few of the current trends in spa showers.
- WiFi-connected showers allow users to save favorite settings with regard to temperature, spray intensity, and massage elements.
- Lighting of different colors has been shown to affect mood, so many spa shower systems include chromatherapy to boost energy, relax the spirit and induce sleep.
- Overhead shower systems can deliver the feeling of being out in the rain, with spray options ranging from relaxing mist to oversized droplets.
- Aromatherapy has long been used to enhance the spa experience, and in addition to shower bombs, some showerheads now include diffusers to deliver scent while the water flows.
- Though many showerheads follow WaterSense guidelines for minimal water use, technological innovations still allow for the optimum shower experience.
- Sound has made its way into the shower, with WiFi capabilities allowing for music, news or any other streaming favorite to be delivered via speakers.